- Job Title: Fact Checking Team Leader
- Location: Yangon, Myanmar
- Department: Technical
- Reports To: Technical Lead
- Term: Short-Term Contract
- Duration: October 2020- April 2021
Internews is searching for short-term fact checking team leader who will lead the fact checking team that will track rumors, misinformation and disinformation on social media during and after the 2020 general elections.
The fact checking team will have to perform below core duties:
• The fact checking team will form a Viber or WhatsApp group to communicate daily with
contributors, as well as a private Facebook group to share information with each other.
• The team shall track rumors, disinformation and misinformation on social media.
• The team shall do fact check and verify information from contributors in 10 states and
regions to develop newsletter/bulletins.
• The team shall do public awareness campaigns.
• The team shall distribute newsletters/bulletins to Internews’ partner CSOs and Media.
Key Responsibilities for Team Leader
• Heads up the fact-checking mechanism.
• Acts as chief editor in a newsroom environment
• Develops digital newsletter/bulletins on time
• Lead fact-checking team
• Adequate media experience with digital social media tools
• Ability to work on multiple high priority deliverables and deadlines
• Proficiency in software like Microsoft Excel, Kobo Forms and video editing platforms.
• Proficiency in English and some knowledge of ethnic languages.
• Team building skills and ability to manage a diverse team member
How to apply
Please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected].
Application deadline is October 25th , 2020. Internews reserves the right to terminate the announcement and select a suitable candidate without notice for ongoing short-term project activities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met or may be encountered by an employee performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision for use of computer terminal and reading printed and electronic materials. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, outdoor weather conditions, extreme cold and heat and regularly exposed to the risk of radiation from regular exposure to computer VDTs. Many cities where the duties of this job are performed have less than adequate heating and/or electric facilities, lack hot water, heat, and gas.
he above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to give the associate a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. As the nature of business demands change so, too, may the essential functions of this position.